I survived.
At the end it wasnt THAT bad. I was shocked at the coldness of the seawater. And for some reason i was suddenly thrust to the front of the swim start. Caught me by surprise and took me some time to get used to it.
The 10km of cycling seemed endless. The lousy ass racer i rented was ..lousy ass. I swear i did not overtake anyone at all. NO ONE. I was overtaken by people who were in the subsequent waves... i was fine. I was just looking to finish. It did, however, got quite embarrassing, when the women, who started a good 15 to 20 mins after me start to overtake me. I was quite embarrassed. My number tag indicates when i start and everyone could tell i was slow. Then after the women, the relay people (read: my colleagues) started to overtake me. My boss overtook me, even though he started 30 mins after me. :(
The 2km run was quite easy. Of course i walked some parts but when i saw cameras i ran and made it look effortless. All those pics will be posted on the website la.. Cannot malu.
In the end, I received a hero's welcome from my colleagues, simply cos i was the only one who did all three components.
After the event and resting for 2 hours, i went to play badminton from 2-5pm. Needless to say, I'm damn tired now.
1 comment:
*beaming with pride* good job!
Post a Comment