Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Flight to Tokyo

I'm bored on the way from the airport to my hotel so thought I'd spend some constructive time blogging.

Here's a shot of the usual things I take on my flight. Ipod, book and newspaper.



Some pre-flight drinks.



I was looking forward to the meals cos... Well I don't need a reason to look forward to food.

Starters - don't know half of what's served here. Tasted a bit odd.



Entree - some rice thing wrapped in paper and a small piece of fish and prawn at the side. Looks nicer than it tastes.



Dessert was two scoops of haagan daz. Boring.. Didn't warrant a picture.

We were hungry after a while with this paltry spread, so we each ordered an udon and an additional rice burger with bbq beef for me. I hate to sound like a groupie or squealing like a schoolgirl but the udon, even made on a plane, tastes nicer and chewier than some restaurants in Singapore. The rice burger was good too. I would have ordered another rice burger if I wasn't stopped.

So there you go.. More than 60 years ago, the japanese held us and many parts of asia captive with their military dominance. 60 years down, without having to spend much on defending their country, they concentrated on another form of dominance - cuisine and technology. And we are held captive all over again.

No comments: