Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Austerity

For some reason, I've been on a saving mode of late. Sure, those golf games cost a bit, plus the accessories and attire but other than that, i havent bought a non-golf shirt for ages, havent gone to the tailor for 8 months, just changed my wallet after using for 1.5 years, just changed my phone after almost 2 years.

This is compared to my peak of making 2-3 shirts per week, changing wallets/phones after less than a year.

I was glad i managed to save more than half my pay in Feb.

I think the personification of this austerity was exemplified by the state of my golf glove. Play until got holes.



I have another pair of gloves which i wear, depending on the color coordination with my shirt/shorts and it has some holes as well.

Sigh, got to buy 2 gloves now.

In some ways, im glad im travelling a little more now so that i dont have to pay ERP ($6 daily) and my daily meals, etc.

Im going to Vietnam next week again. Yawn.

No comments: