Search This Blog
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Autocratic No?
It seems like in a place where the grasp of the English language is weak, people tend to reply with "Received with thanks" more often.
Many people I know seem to snigger at this but it always still remains like a private joke. No one ever tells the offending party that "received with thanks" or its more polite and emphatic variant "well received with many thanks" is just not cool.
My secretary uses the former more. I asked her what she means what she sends messages like that. She said this is how they're taught.
I finally know the origination of such a blasphemy of non-committal replies.
I know her that I dont want her to reply me in such a manner in future.
Her replies to me has to mean something and/or less robotic like "Got it. Thank you." or "I'll look into it." or "I'll act on it."
Im such a tyrant sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment