I actually don't really like online shopping. Shopping is an experience in itself with the smells, the layouts, the novelty of getting something new, the joy of bringing it back home and unwrapping it at home. Sometimes I don't even unwrap it but leave it there until I want to use the item.
Online shopping is like going to the tailor. You don’t get joys mentioned above at the tailor, certainly not the smells or the layout.
However, I have been shopping online quite a lot here because the deals are better and because the weather (sometimes too hot, sometimes typhoon) makes going out so prohibitive.
I recently ordered something from the official Nike Taobao shop. It’s the same price as the brick and mortar shop but comes with the added fun of being able to track its progress to me.
It came in a nicer box than i anticipated.
In it, of course there was my tee shirt and also a paper bag and a zip-lock bag that contained the receipt. Pretty nice zip-lock bag actually. I am a sucker for details like these:
Online shopping is like going to the tailor. You don’t get joys mentioned above at the tailor, certainly not the smells or the layout.
However, I have been shopping online quite a lot here because the deals are better and because the weather (sometimes too hot, sometimes typhoon) makes going out so prohibitive.
I recently ordered something from the official Nike Taobao shop. It’s the same price as the brick and mortar shop but comes with the added fun of being able to track its progress to me.
It came in a nicer box than i anticipated.
In it, of course there was my tee shirt and also a paper bag and a zip-lock bag that contained the receipt. Pretty nice zip-lock bag actually. I am a sucker for details like these:
No comments:
Post a Comment