I've split the post cos i was very eager to click the "Publish Post" button.
My sister kenna-ed shingles this week. After a hoo-ha, she got a one week MC. Shiok leh.. I expressed my envy to her and i think she thinks im mocking her. haha. It's nice mah.. MC for one week. Maybe a bit painful la.. but gd rest. I wished i also have one week MC.. stricken with an illness that is not life-threatening, requires quarantine, painless and also with comes with long MC. That'd be perfect. Of cos I can simply apply for leave la. Nvr applied more than 2 days leave for almost 2 yrs now. I really should. Maybe i'll take it in June for the World Cup. Mahjong anyone?
I cant rem if I blogged this but Gay #1 from my company is leaving.. I actually knew 2 mths ago cos my boss told me.. then Gay #1 told me one mth ago.. told me it was time for me to step up cos once he leaves, ill be the person who's second longest in the company, second only to my boss, who only leads me by 4 mths.. Im actually pretty excited but i wonder if i can ever step into those shoes at this moment.. he's Vice President leh.. and im but a lowly ASSociate. So i was half glad when i got a new colleague last week. Half glad cos at least i have some time to learn n lie in the shadows before pouncing out.. half not glad cos now i have a new superior. At 30+ years old, she has some experience in prob 35.75% of wat we do.. and she still needs some learning.
She used to be the manager of one of my classmates in her previous company and so one of those small talks i had with her was to ask how he was etc...During the week, i did this particular thingy and my boss asked me to dbl check with her (cos its the 35.75% that she knows). She said she not very familiar. I was utterly shocked really. So i thought this was too lowly for her n she didnt do this very often. I offered to call my friend (her ex colleague) to ask him for pointers but she said he doesnt even come close to do these.
Then i said "So who does this?"
She said "My (former) boss lor. This is complicated stuff".
I was disappointed cos it seems i cant learn much from her. but i was also elated to do things that my other classmates dont get to do. you guys know how i love to be one up right? no no.. Many many up even better. hahahaha
Anyway, i was given the mission to edit her report before it goes out next week. I'm feeling evil all of a sudden.
No comments:
Post a Comment