Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Possibly One of the Worst Way to Start the Week

Quite possibly one of the worst ways to start the week. I'm not in a hurry to outdo this one.

I have a conference call at 8am on Monday morning. US boss in the US, client in Sydney and I'm in Singapore :(

Sianz.

Woke at 6:30am.

YAWN

Left my house at 7:15am.

ECP jammed from Tanah Merah entrance!!! TANAH MERAH ENTRANCE LEH!!!

7:30am - Emailed US boss to say i'll be late for the call.

8am - Havent passed Bedok. Called the dial-in number. I'm the moderator.

8:15am - Passed the seven (SEVEN!!!)-vehicle accident

8:16am - ZOOOOMED off from Bedok. US boss complained too much background noise from my car (stupid mitsubishi engine and yokohama tires). Muted my phone.

8:40am - Reached office car park. Entered lift. Disconnected from call.

8:45am - Called in the dial-in line. Only to realise every (EVERY!!!!!) one else got d/c cos I (the MODERATOR) disconnected!@!@

8:46am till end of call - Felt like an idiot.

Call ended at 10:30am. Late for my 9:30am meeting. Shit. Left my desk to find my Singapore boss to explain why im late.

10:45am - Came back to my desk to see voice mail light lit up.

10:47am - Listened to voicemail left by US boos " Where the hell are you? Went to the washroom after the call? Call me back"

10:49am - Called back. Listened on how i should have my documents in front of me during conference calls. How i shouldnt do conference calls in the car.

10:55am - Explained myself but feeling stupid at the same time.

:(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is a short week... Thank God Its Good Friday..

nutcase said...

think on the +ve side... only 4 days this week