Search This Blog

Friday, June 06, 2008

Its Day four in China and I'm already missing home.

I went to Sanya yesterday to see some clients.

My flight to Sanya was delayed. There were some angry people at the waiting gallery. Loud voices and then banging of the counter. Angry women were yelling at the counter staff about them being rude about the delay and then wanted to see the manager. I could tell the guy who was being scolded was close to tears. Tons of ple were taking pics and vids.



After a while, the people trooped off, presumably to see the manager.

Then i saw this.



The people were lined up along the steps from the immigration and security place, to block the new people coming in after clearing immigration. They were chanting and holding placards saying "我要回家!"

Then i realised that it's ba zhang festival on monday and that's why they wanna go home.

So exciting yet sad at the same time.

There're some things you cant prevent no matter how much you yell, chant, block, bang counter. Cannot means cannot

No comments: