Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

GPS

Keeve passed me this GPS device so that i can try it out.



Saturday was a busy day for me. I went for facial, went to do my 15k servicing, went to collect my shirt for the Sheares Bridge Run on 24 August and then went for my badminton at Geylang.

For some reason, when the voice of the GPS says "left", i kept hearing it was "right". And i found that sometimes i just blindly followed the instructions i misheard even though i was quite sure of the way. After some wrong turns, i made it a point to listen more carefully.

All those places I went to were familiar places but I used the GPS a lot, simply cos i wanted to find the most efficient way the GPS thought. There were times when it told me to go a particular route but i decided that my route was better and ignored the GPS. And on hindsight, the GPS was right. Its Way was the better Way. And on the occasions when I followed the GPS, I found out new routes.

A seemingly innocuous device but it taught me valuable lessons on listening carefully and also relying on a higher authority for directions in both life and journeys.

So who is your GPS in life?

No comments: