The effects of the recession is hitting the two recurring powerhouses in my life – SIA and my tailor.
Due to my reduced travel schedule (YIPPEE!!) of late, my air miles are declining which means my Elite Gold Krisflyer status has now dropped to Elite Silver. (I love how they call it Elite Silver too. Silver is not elite!)
Anyway, they sent me an email to say that they can bump me up to Gold status again if I can take a qualifying flight before 30 June 2009. I think I can manage that. It’s such a bargain.
In good times, my tailor takes two-ish weeks to finish my shirts and I usually have to call him to find out when they’re ready. Usually they aren’t and I just have to wait. These days, the expected dates of completion are 10 days and that day my tailor even called me to come collect my shirts. I wanted to space out the number of new shirts in my cabinet so I didn’t go collect. Then he called again!
Gosh… times must have been bad for my beloved tailor. I hope he doesn’t fold, although even if he does, he doesn’t crease easily.
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
No comments:
Post a Comment