Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yung Kee

As part of my belated gastronomical exploration of Hong Kong, I visited Yung Kee - the hallowed place for roasted meats. It was mentioned by two of my friends.

I arrived at 1050am. Closed.

Photobucket

Walked around for a bit to wait for them to open.

Photobucket

I couldnt decide on what to order. So i ordered everything i like - roasted goose, chicken and char siew.

Then it came a mountain of meat!!

Photobucket

Can you see how each meat type is stacked on the other? Amazing.. There was so much food i had to pack them..

Photobucket

That meal, with a pot of chinese tea and a bowl of rice, cost me S$60! Damn expensive man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could you not have their century eggs?!?! The eggs are to die for!!!

A

Cornball said...

i ate it right before i left.. yucky..