Search This Blog

Sunday, September 02, 2012

End of Days

This coming wednesday is the last day at my job.

I dont know how I'd feel really. On one hand, I'd feel a sense of relief and on one hand I'd feel a tinge of sadness.

Sometimes I think i put in too much emotional capital into jobs, so much so that i develop an emotional bond to the job. But maybe that's what makes me good at my job.

I've always thought that resigning from a job implicitly says to your colleagues that "Ive found a better place to go to every day. Better place, better pay and probably better colleagues."

With that in mind, the relationship just changes immediately after you tender. It's like breaking up from your boyfriend/girlfriend. Something isnt quite the same again.

But nonetheless, I have one more month before i relocate to Shanghai. I hope that's exciting.

No comments: