Search This Blog

Friday, November 06, 2009

Maintenance Day

I was on leave the other day cos I wanted to some alone time to do some admin stuff. Scheduled to service my car, go for facial and cut my hair. A day of maintenance.

Ive reached my 40,000km milestone on my car. How time flies. I still remember the pure joy and elation when I collected it. And now, my faithful baby have brought me 40,000km. The mechanic was trying to convince me to change my car battery after having gone 2 years and 2 months. He said usually cars need to change after 2 years. Then he pointed to a car across the road. It was a new Toyota. He said that car only ran for 1 year 1 mth before it needed a battery change. I then said Toyota sucks.

I later found out that the car was his. :(

Then I went for facial. Before my appointment, my facial lady had already sent me this message:

Oh ya, can u pls chk ur balance products. miss out to let u noe that we r having Early Bird 18th Anniversary product's promo : Buy $1,000 products of your choice n get $800 worth of products FOC. Very worth deal n great supports frm our supplier @ almost 80% off !!!

Notwithstanding the $1,000 I’d have to spend, it seemed like quite a good deal. 80% leh!! But after giving some thought,

1,000/1800 = 55%.

It’s only a 45% discount.. Heng my powerful maths skills saved me yet again.

No comments: