Search This Blog

Friday, November 06, 2009

Shoes

Two activities i dont get is playing with a yo-yo and spinning a top. I dont get how much fun these activities can be for the players as well as spectators. In my day, i have of course bought tops and yo-yos but that's cos i like to buy things. After a while they just arent too fun. Which is why i dont see the point of people crossing roads while playing with their yo-yos, queuing in the line and playing with their yo-yos or entire audiences transfixed at watching tops spin.

Of course, i have made the same comments on more than one occasion about golf too. The futility of making sure a small metal face hits the ball nicely to bring it nearer the hole. The absurdity of spending hours after hours on the range trying to master that swing. Not to mention the throngs of people who follow golfers close to 6km just to see him hit that small white 3-piece ball.

But I was bitten by that bug.

Which is why, every time I find myself at the range, sweating my guts out and swearing at my inept club and my inefficient swing, I remind myself that unless im in that person’s shoes, I would not be able to fully comprehend that feeling.

No comments: