It’s never a good thing after a
near-death experience to travel to a shopping haven.
After such
an experience, it’s normal to think that money doesn’t matter at all. That
money is an object outside life.
With this
mentality, coupled with the impending winter, I sought to buy a coat while in
Hong Kong.
After a zeroing
into one, I realised that it is actually more expensive than in Singapore. And
Singapore is more expensive than Europe.
I have always
been a believer that most things worth doing needs some effort.
That began a
search. A search on which countries in Europe is the cheapest and
correspondingly where I have a friend whom I can ship the item to so that
he/she can send it back to Singapore where Someone can bring back for me.
UK, Italy,
France, Germany…
Once I identified
that UK is the cheapest, I then had to decide if I used Fedex, UPS, DHL.. my UK
friend told me Royal Mail would be the cheapest. I even had to choose the
fastest option to make sure it made it to Singapore before Someone left
Singapore.
After some nail biting, which included the tracking site of
Royal Mail being down for two days, it’s finally by my side. For all my
efforts, including shipping costs, I saved S$800. YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment