The longer I am in China, the more my family in Singapore adapts to new communication methods.
You may recall I bought my mum an iPad just before I left. I taught my mum how to email and facetime on it.
When I last returned to Singapore, I bought her an
iphone 5c to replace her old Nokia. I then taught her how to email on
take pictures on it.
Recently, my sister and I taught her to whatsapp
because she texted me twice on my China mobile the other day and that
probably cost her S$1.60.
We even did a Whatsapp group with my dad, my mum,
Someone, my sister, my brother-in-law, so that we can share pictures and
videos of my sister’s newborn.
Every step of this technology evolution is a marvel
for me because it throws me back to the time I tried to teach my mum
how to use the computer and the internet and her hands were just too
inflexible that she couldn’t use the mouse and
she ended up slamming it and then we had a major argument and that was
the end of Computers and the Internet 1001 for my mum.
On top of emailing and Whatsapp, she started playing Tetris on ipad and also youtubing
非诚勿扰episodes. What a feat!
I guess I know she has arrived when she dished out parenting advice the other day in the family Whatsapp group –
No comments:
Post a Comment