Search This Blog

Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday

It's Friday today.

It's actually Friday morning when I'm typing this now.

Friday morning always brings a sense of promise. A promise of liberation from the drudgery of the working week. It's also a promise to oneself that you'll do something different tonight, rather than just simply work alte and go home and surf the internet like the previous 4 days. In some companies which has a "Dress Down Friday" policy, there seem to be an implicit notion that not much gets down after 3pm on Friday.

Aaah.. the pleasures of Friday. Sometimes you wish that Fridays came more often. But at the back of your mind, you know the magic would be very much lost if Fridays came every other day.

I think I'll be having my review today. I wonder how much bonus, if any, i'll get. I dont know if i'll get a raise. I do hope my promised promotion in June could come early. I told some ple that i might just quit if this year's review wasnt too satisfactory. Naybe I shld start taking those headhunters seriously. I was once offered this job to be based in Shanghai. Quite cool job really.. scouuring the underbelly of Chine, scouring development deals.. I told my sis that i rejected it cos i wanted to stay close to home and jus be around. She said wat's the use, i cause more trouble when im home. that was pretty hurting and so, when the next job that requires me to go overseas, i'll go.

Fridays also mean I get invited to cocktails that dont fall on other days of the week. I think where i go tonight would greatly depend on the outcome of my review. Well, msn me tonight and find out where i am.

:)

2 comments:

D said...

Where are you?

iRis said...

Good luck for your reviews.. :)