Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Jobs

It seems like a time of transition for some people i know.

Shitfong just got promoted to Civilian on 31 July 2007. 9 years and four months since he saw his pink IC. He's looking for a job now. He's quite cute but taken, ladies.

A friend of mine is relocating to Abu Dhabi and it seems like her boss thinks she betrayed him with her departure.

Frenligal recently served out her two month (or was it three) notice and started work at that giant Finnish mobile phone company. She's happy, so it's good.

My sister is thinking of quitting her job cos she hates it and heading into unemployment with two months' notice. Something like Shitfong really.

My recent promotion meant that i now have to serve three months' notice after i tender. It's the Firm's way to deter you from leaving, decrease your marketability, make sure you clear off your work. It left a sour taste in my mouth when i realised it.

One of my colleague's recently resigned. He resigned in the middle of projects. A middle of projects which he has been very lazy to complete and follow up before he resigned. Going home everyday at 6pm. When i heard he resigned, I told my boss to forget the one month's notice. I wanted him out of the office immediately. After lunch that day, admin just told him to leave his laptop and clear his desk.

High handed? Maybe. Appropriate? I dont know. i just didnt want the flagrant attitude he displayed after he resigned to permeate throughout the office.

During my dinner with Cyster and Lim Biskit, i told them i was considering of leaving after the 2008 bonus payout. They were half shocked. I guess i am a bit but im kinda tired.

Actually just today, I told this to Kaitlynn. Does someone stay at a job because of power? You can't right? Power doesnt pay the bills or feed you. But then she said, i wasnt paid too shabbily either to say that im only staying cos of power and not pay. Fair enough. I think i'll move when i become VP, which is 2 more steps... hopefully this is achieved before im 30.

I asked my boss that day if he can pay for the season parking in the office if i got a car. He agreed. Then the next day, he gave me a 5 minute speech on loyalty and how he values it and he gives due recognition. I felt half guilty for thinking of moving.

Ive been quite sianz at work of late and i leave my office at 5:30pm every day to be in time to watch Simpsons on Starworld at 6pm and Friends at 6:30pm. And i reach the office at 9:30ish, which means i come in the latest and leave the earliest. Bleah. Hey, i work when i get home too!

:(

In other news, ill be embarking on long trips again:

1. Tokyo
2. Odawara
3. Nagoya
4. Osaka

This long trip sure eat into one weekend. I hope this happens while in Tokyo then can go Disney Sea which i didnt manage to go back in 2002. I enjoyed the last time i was there.

Then the week after, i'll be going:

1. Sydney
2. Perth
3. Brisbane.

Odd that i just went to Sydney this year and then going again. Hopefully i can go to Gold Coast at Brisbane this time.

No comments: