Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

Next Leg

There was a mega storm when i was in Odawara last night. That knocked out the power station at 12:30am.

I was already asleep by then but the emergency lights in the rooms came on.

I was awoken by the light and was semi terrified at first cos i thought I'd offed all the lights. Did "someone" on my lights again? Then my super-duper observation powers prevailed when i realised that the light that was on was the emergency one.

And lightning was flashing outside my window. Imagine being in a hotel on top of a hill and they put me on the highest floor some more (11 storeys)

the air con was off and no tv.. but strangely there was internet.

I laid in bed and dozed off.

The next day, which is today, i took the Shinkansen again to Nagoya. This, according to my colleague is faster than the one we took from Tokyo. Apparently there're different types. Indeed it's faster. If u look at the map, Nagoya is much further from Odawara than Tokyo to Odawara and it took the same amount of time.

This train was power.. moved damn fast but yet very stable.. I slept all the way again. So shiok.

I heard that Nagoya is the largest train station in the WORLD!! (by land area)

No comments: