Search This Blog

Friday, January 09, 2009

Meme

I dont think i've ever done a meme before. I dont even know how the term comes about.. "meme". Does it mean all about "me"?

Anyway i copied this from my ex-colleague... the one affectionately known as the "most competent incompetent one"

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Sign a deal.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept one resolution. Unlikely to make more. I like to quit while i'm ahead.. like Michael Jordan.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.

5. What countries did you visit?
China (Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Sanya, Haikou, Shanghai x 3, Tianjin, Suzhou), Indonesia (Bali, Jakarta x 2), Thailand (Bangkok x 2), Hong Kong x 2, Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City), USA (Alabama, Atlanta)

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I'd like to question more. I've been keeping quiet a lot more this year trying to learn in my new role. I want to ask more "why"s instead of just listening.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing comes to mind. That's how sucky 2008 was.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Improving my badminton game. Completing the triathlon and subsequently have to tell everyone about it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to drop shots near the net as often as I'd like

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've been quite sick this year. I hate it.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Gosh I dont know man. Didnt really buy anything major this year.. oh oh... It'd have to be the Blackberry Bold.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. Cos this is my blog.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Juliet Lee..

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and clothes

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Signing THAT first deal for my company.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
童话 by Guang Liang (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XaeFcWPGXE)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder I think.

b) thinner or fatter? Thinner i'd like to think but cant verify cos i dont have a weighing machine.

c) richer or poorer? I have more savings now.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sleep.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Lying in bed and wondering when i can get to sleep.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas is over... but I spent it reading and watching tv.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope. Unless you're referring to the unnatural relationship i have with the Bold

22. How many one-night stands?
No. Don't do them. Or rather no one wants to.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
TAR and TAR Asia, The Unit, Gossip Girl, Prison Break, Lipstick Jungle, The Office and the awesome How I Met Your Mother! w00t!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Im unwavering in my hate.

25. What was the best book you read?
Any book by Lee Child

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Itunes store.

27. What did you want and get?
More autonomy in my job and to see things happen

28. What did you want and did not get?
That watch.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Iron Man

30. What did you do on your birthday?
Ate dim sum, bought a wallet...

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Er, more money?

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Decided to go for casual chic and told the tailor accordingly.

33. What kept you sane?
Bubble tea and some nice colleagues at work.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It was Anna Hathaway for some time, then Blake Lively. Haha..

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
ERP

36. Who did you miss?
My happier self and Kaitlynn.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Maybe some new colleagues but it's in my predisposition to hate colleagues. I might blog about my colleagues soon.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Bear in mind what you type in emails.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"First cut is the deepest" Sheryl Crow

No comments: