I was typing the following paragraph the other day for my blog.
"The effects of my promotion hasn’t really sunk in yet as I haven’t really signed the appointment letter so I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that they don’t change their mind halfway. (Unlikely, but who knows right?) Not that I’ve any doubt on my ability but it’s kinda odd to be given a promotion and a pay raise in the middle of a “recession greater than the Great Depression”
The timing couldnt have been better cos my boss came by and i quickly minimised the window. He asked me to do something on Google Earth and then very nonchalently passed me my appointment letter.
w00t! so it's official.
With that HR went into a little mini frenzy getting namecards printed and making announcements. I really think that's all HR does and printing namecards is really what stirs their loins.
I have such a long title.
Assistant Vice President, Business Development, Asia.
In mandarin it's 助理副总裁, 亚洲业务发展
Ps: Country Head for Greater China is implied somewhere in there.
I always thought AVP is such a dumb title cos it just strikes like it's a title they greater to give people more rungs to climb and keep them satisfied. But i'll take what I can. I hope Kit likes it.
I'm so full of myself sometimes that i wonder how come i am always so hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment