Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Still Amazing

After a year in the company it still never fails to amaze me how long some processes take.

I wanted to get a copy of Adobe Acrobat installed in my computer. So first I have to ask my boss. He agreed so I forwarded the mail to IT. Then IT sends to their head of IT. Then head of IT approves. Then IT proceeds to get some quotation on the prices. Once they get a good quotation, then pass to Purchasing dept executive. Purchasing dept executive gets her Purchasing dept boss to sign off. Purchasing dept executive then goes to buy it from the supplier. I started the process on 6 Jan 09. It’s 23 Jan today and I was just informed that the supplier has no stock until February. And I don’t even know if it’s early or end Feb. Thankfully, Feb is a short month.

The weird thing is I actually just needed the standard edition but IT says that Professional edition is only $200 more, so might as well get Professional! Haha

1 comment:

Silverelf said...

Well, just think of it as a trade off for the professional version.....