Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

Beijing

It was minus 8 degrees in Beijing. It didnt help that we landed at the tarmac and had to take a mini bus to the terminal. I didnt mind the cold but I always fall in when i go home after cold climates cos I always bring too little warm clothing. I didnt know I was going to stay at Beijing's tallest hotel - Shangri-La Summit Wing - until my driver told me. Sounds cool (Mind the pun). 73rd floor. Brrr... I think the front desk lady mumbled that it was west facing. First thing i noticed - guests to stay here must be high-powered people. They have notepads in the toilet!! Photobucket There's a lot of bedtime snacks in the room. That's good cos I was super hungry, having missed lunch. I began my day in Guangzhou at 830am negotiating contracts, then 12pm train to Shenzhen to meet my President for a client meeting at 2pm, then 5pm flight to Beijing for a meeting. Photobucket Then a housekeeper came to deliver newspapers. I saw that she had a box, I asked her what was inside. She said it was the bedside snack. I sneaked a peek and asked to take one more of the muffin thingy. Hee hee. Sometimes it's good to stay at nicer hotels. They arent supposed to say no. Photobucket I woke up to this view. Pretty crazy even though ive been to Beijing so many times. Photobucket Stayed in Beijing for one night before taking the red-eye back. My 2 weeks leave began from there!

No comments: