Sometimes I find it trivial to even mention about haircuts, but
everytime I cut my hair here, I learn something new.
I cut my hair for the third time ever since I arrived in Shanghai. That
means I'm here for two months already.
The second time I cut my hair for S$8. That's a steal really. Then when
they were washing my hair, they asked me if I wanted to use a different
shampoo for S$4. Different shampoo for half the price of the haircut??!?
That, to me, is symptomatic of the situation in China - labour is cheap
(hence the cheap haircut) but imported goods is expensive (hence the
expensive shamppo). Of course I refused. I have my own imported shampoo
I brought from Singapore.
After I left, I found that he didn't cut much. Then I remembered someone
telling me that they will purposely cut as little as possible so that
you come back soon.
The third time I went, I made sure to tell him to cut hair. Then he said
me if I wanted a normal or special cut. Special cut means it's all cut
by hand.
I said, "If you don't use, then what you use??!"
His reply was "We wont use the electronic razor."
There's apparently a S$26, S$20 and S$14 variant of the special cut but
he couldn't tell me the differences. I suspect that he was trying his
luck.
I stuck with my S$8 normal one.
Always an adventure in China.
No comments:
Post a Comment