Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Delayed

I havent faced a flight delay in China longer than an hour for some time now.

I was once delayed in Qingdao for more than 12 hours. That was two years ago. I probably blogged about it.

Since then, I always board a plane with all my devices fully charged. Or at least I try to. I typically have a mobile, ipad, laptop, portable WIFI router (im not even sure if this is the name) and a Kindle. Not much more than others except maybe the Kindle.

One way of reducing the chances of being caught in a delay is to leave on the first few flights of the day. I try to do that even on the return by staying one night more and then leaving the next day.

I didnt manage to do this on my flight from Sanya to Shanghai on Friday really because I obviously didnt want to stay the weekend. So i took the 1440 flight.

It was delayed by 3 hours. Kwa Kwa.

Not all my devices were fully charged. I was worried. I hurriedly set up my base camp in between two power points, cos I knew I was going to need both.

 photo 20130906_160920_zps2cea06bb.jpg

So there I was. In between two of my bags, with my ipad propped up so that i can watch tv while it's being charged, and then my portable WIFI router being charged by my portable battery and of course charging my mobile too until i took it out to take this picture.

This definitely made the wait less painful, though it made me miss my dinner appointment at Oyama.

No comments: