My boss hasnt actually announced my departure formally as he wants to do it sometime nearer D-Day.
So it's really a wonder in the office how come i arrive at 10am everyday and leave at 5:45pm. It's also a wonder how come it's been one month since I've last travelled.
The last point is a moot point because I'm actually going to Vietnam next week. It was supposed to be a five-day trip but I convinced him to ask someone else to supervise this and I'll just show my face and go there to sign the contract. Therefore, it's a one day trip.
One other thing is the rotation of the monday morning meetings i used to chair. Along with the rotation comes a weekly discussion topic. Last Monday's topic was "How to make the office a nicer place to work in?"
Some of the suggestions were:
1. GIRO payment of salary and expense claims
2. More food at the pantry
3. Hiding the water tanks somewhere so that we wont run out of water, which happened the previous Friday.
4. Upgrading of laptops due to frequent hanging
5. Subscribing of some trade magazines
I didnt offer much of an opinion cos i was feeling cynical. Haha..
But i'm amused how mundane some of these items are.
No comments:
Post a Comment