Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2007

And this is how we ended...

Warning: This is a long one. Read it if you're bored or if you like me a lot.

...............................................................................

I couldnt sleep the night before. I slept at 12, woke at 2am, at 4am and 6am. Couldnt go to sleep till 7am, which was when I had to wake up.

I woke up so many times because I kept dreaming. Dreaming of how the announcement of my departure would be like. It's funny cos I dreamt many versions with different groups of friends.

I thought the announcement would be during our weekly monday meetings. But my boss didnt turn up. Then at 1030am, we were told he just landed from LA so he wont be coming in today.

NOT COMING IN? Like that how? Tomorrow my last day leh. I was left ruing and happy that I'm leaving.

One of my colleagues - whom had guessed that i was leaving and asked me about it and i told her - passed me a paper bag.

On each of the items, there were little post-it notes. As i tried to read her cursive handwriting, I realised each item has some significance.

On the Mamee, Hello Panda and Yan Yan - "Remember the mamee and hello pandas we used to eat when we were OT-ing?"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On the boxer shorts - "I remember bumping into you at Raffles City and finding out about your Lego love. The robots on the shorts look like Lego and i bet you like Transformers.

The rainbow tag was some inside joke about my Gay #1 colleague from eons ago.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On this fridge magnet - "You taught me many handsigns. Some are captured in this board"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On this fridge magnet - "Your infamous snappy mood? This saves u from having to write them out"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was so touched I brought her and another colleague to Prego, cos I had a S$65 voucher from buying my phone.

After lunch, two good things happened. Another colleague - my boss's PA - passed me this bag.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Inside is..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I realised that the gifts i've gotten so far indicate what my colleagues thought of me. A greedy ass :(

The second good thing was that my boss came in! w00t!

We discussed some work and handover stuff and I told him i managed to secure this deal in the Maldives while he was away. It was the same resort he and I went to in July 2005. What I didnt post in that entry (i was pretty sure I did but now i cant find it) was that after the first night, he heard that his mum was very sick in Kuching. He was in two minds whether to go see her or not at dinner time, largely cos I was a n00b then and he wasnt sure. I assured him that I'm up for it and he can go in peace.

He then left with his dinner half-eaten.

So now, I told him... ya.. we got this one again.

He said " Good, then i can finish my dinner."

I went "Huh???"

He replied "Remember I didnt finish my dinner that night?"

I said I was surprised he remembered cos it was soooo long ago.. more than 2.5 years now.

He said " Of course. Sentimental things like this, I'll remember"

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

In the end, he sent out an email at 7pm to announce my departure. There were some shocked gasps and frenzied skyping.

That's about all for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am not bored, neither do i like you alot. but i do care and love u heaps! hee.

anyway, awwwww, your colleagues are such sweeties.

starz said...

I think your colleague is very sweet... I wonder if I will have the same thing when I leave my company...