I have mentioned at least twice when I had to withdraw a lot of money to bring back to Singapore whenever I get a chance to come back.
I dont think I have mentioned why.
It's nearly impossible for foreigners to get a credit card here, even with a letter from your company stating your salary, etc. So my credit cards are still from Singapore banks so I need to bring my RMB back to pay my credit card bills.
I got a message the other day that Shanghai deputy head of Bank of China wanted to meet me the other day because they wanted to introduce some clients to us. I usually dont meet clients for first meetings but I had an ulterior motive.
As i expected, the deal they wanted to introduce us was crappy and towards the end of the meeting, I lamented how the queues were long at their bank and they didnt give me a credit card even though i applied twice.
To cut the long story short, they arranged for an RM to come to my office two days later to get my necessary documents. They even offered to upgrade my savings account to a premier one so that I can fixed deposit interest rates!
Best thing is they're going to come to my office to deliver the credit and debit cards to me this week. w00t!
I dont think I have mentioned why.
It's nearly impossible for foreigners to get a credit card here, even with a letter from your company stating your salary, etc. So my credit cards are still from Singapore banks so I need to bring my RMB back to pay my credit card bills.
I got a message the other day that Shanghai deputy head of Bank of China wanted to meet me the other day because they wanted to introduce some clients to us. I usually dont meet clients for first meetings but I had an ulterior motive.
As i expected, the deal they wanted to introduce us was crappy and towards the end of the meeting, I lamented how the queues were long at their bank and they didnt give me a credit card even though i applied twice.
To cut the long story short, they arranged for an RM to come to my office two days later to get my necessary documents. They even offered to upgrade my savings account to a premier one so that I can fixed deposit interest rates!
Best thing is they're going to come to my office to deliver the credit and debit cards to me this week. w00t!
No comments:
Post a Comment