You'd have heard me talk about Sushi Oyama in Shanghai all this time.
I am not sure if I had mentioned where we eat when we are in Singapore.
My cousin, the same one who found Sushi Oyama on a blog and asked us to go, introduced us to Ki Sho.
We would go to Ki Sho with her when we have time in Singapore.
Ki Sho is better than Oyama in that it has better dessert and because my cousin is a big regular there, we get better and more stuff. We always end up very full and sometimes even dabao dessert. Haha.
We went Ki Sho again on this trip back. Upon arrival, we found out that my cousin was actually under the weather but she didnt want to cancel last minute on the account of respect for the chef.
Behold the beauty of the magnificent otoro who gave up his life for our enjoyment.
Cousin isnt always the nicest person but with her under the weather, she wasnt in a mood for much talking and after 90 minutes, she decided she had to leave. She said we could carry on eating. I was glad because I wasnt even half full yet.
It was at this time when things got surreal.
The chef, whom we have met probably five times now, then said to me.
"I need your help. We need to clear our fish because we are closing for a week for CNY."
I..I couldnt believe what I was hearing and asked him to repeat.
Yes, he needs us to finish his otoro and kinmendai and saba and butan.
I felt obliged. I felt that I had to help him in his hour of need. It's really a dream come true. We always joked at Oyama that if he needed someone to help clear his wooden box of fish, we'd gladly eat the slab of fish like a slice of cake.
Now, we have the opportunity to help someone finish his stock.
We just whacked. Otoro, chutoro, otoro, saba, kinmendai, otoro... In between, I kept asking him if he was joking.
No, he wasnt.
So we continued.. until he said stop.
Stop, because he was running out of rice.
Someone, never missing an opportunity, quickly told him that I love rice. He said he knows.
"Because in the 1.5 years we have been open, we only ran out of rice three times and he was here for two of them."
These words would forever remain in infamy.
With that, he used the remaining rice to make this:
After that was dessert, which was fabulous as usual but i was too high to take any pictures. We went back stuffed, still unable to believe the night of our lives.
I am not sure if I had mentioned where we eat when we are in Singapore.
My cousin, the same one who found Sushi Oyama on a blog and asked us to go, introduced us to Ki Sho.
We would go to Ki Sho with her when we have time in Singapore.
Ki Sho is better than Oyama in that it has better dessert and because my cousin is a big regular there, we get better and more stuff. We always end up very full and sometimes even dabao dessert. Haha.
We went Ki Sho again on this trip back. Upon arrival, we found out that my cousin was actually under the weather but she didnt want to cancel last minute on the account of respect for the chef.
Behold the beauty of the magnificent otoro who gave up his life for our enjoyment.
Cousin isnt always the nicest person but with her under the weather, she wasnt in a mood for much talking and after 90 minutes, she decided she had to leave. She said we could carry on eating. I was glad because I wasnt even half full yet.
It was at this time when things got surreal.
The chef, whom we have met probably five times now, then said to me.
"I need your help. We need to clear our fish because we are closing for a week for CNY."
I..I couldnt believe what I was hearing and asked him to repeat.
Yes, he needs us to finish his otoro and kinmendai and saba and butan.
I felt obliged. I felt that I had to help him in his hour of need. It's really a dream come true. We always joked at Oyama that if he needed someone to help clear his wooden box of fish, we'd gladly eat the slab of fish like a slice of cake.
Now, we have the opportunity to help someone finish his stock.
We just whacked. Otoro, chutoro, otoro, saba, kinmendai, otoro... In between, I kept asking him if he was joking.
No, he wasnt.
So we continued.. until he said stop.
Stop, because he was running out of rice.
Someone, never missing an opportunity, quickly told him that I love rice. He said he knows.
"Because in the 1.5 years we have been open, we only ran out of rice three times and he was here for two of them."
These words would forever remain in infamy.
With that, he used the remaining rice to make this:
After that was dessert, which was fabulous as usual but i was too high to take any pictures. We went back stuffed, still unable to believe the night of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment