Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Water Politics

Now that my secretary is pregnant, I have resorted to filling up my own kettle when I’m more free.

Filling it today made me think back of the time when I was at my first job. The water in the office was from a water dispenser thing that had a 20l bottle that you’d have to up-end and stick in from the top.

Back in those days, I was the most junior person, so I was the de-facto guy to do this. 20l isn’t that heavy but the entire bottle has not grip so it’s kinda unwieldy.

Then as I rise up the ranks, I do not have to do it anymore because there are more junior people around.

And then now then I have risen even higher, I actually feel a little embarrassed to ask other people to do it so I end up doing it myself again! It’s like the Bank of Singapore commercial where the boss changes the blown car tyre with his driver and then at the end of it, they gave a knowing smile. Quite gay if you ask me, by the way.

No comments: