Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2007

New Orleans

The sleepy little jazz town that was ravaged by the worst hurricane to hit the US.

A town steeped in history as one that was occupied by the Spanish and French long ago.

Against a backdrop of the Mississippi River, which we all use to count the seconds.

A mixture of these brings us to a small town that has rich French architecture and music in the air but there is a lingering feeling that the town used to be more populated.

We stayed in a district called the French Quarter in this hotel..



Quite a nice hotel really. Quaint and full of character..

Here're some pics of the vicinity of the French Quarter..





I did have some of the Mississippi River but it's in my boss's camera when we went Gap shopping.

Like all typical singaporeans, i went to Hard Rock Cafe..very dark though





I saw this shop.. Bubba Gump.. for those who remember, Bubba is the friend of Forrest Gump..



Going to America, must definitely find Krispy Kreme.. I asked the conceige but they said the shop closed after the floods.. but there's this drugstore which has a counter...he gave me the directions... *slurp*



I bought this...i chose this cos i wanted to put it in my office to remind me how i'd look if I put a black (or blue)face..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was a surprise to see the smurf figurine u bought. when i was small, i had 5 of them, different from urs and i still have them... (:

Cornball said...

So you played the Shortbin and the 5 Smurfs game?