Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Promo

It never fails to surprise me how many people read my blog early in the morning. I got some very sweet greetings with the news of the promotion and that was heartwarming in the morning.

I've been having trouble sleeping these days.. waking up at 5am and ending up at work at 7am so it was good to hear nice things in the morning.

Some, actually just one, have said that i was hao lian to say "...promoted...again". Well, there need to be a background information. I've been promoted four times in the last three years and frankly, while it's a nice feeling, it's in some way a declining utility. In some ways, i get too embarrassed that i dont really tell my colleagues till they see a change in my signature.

Some interesting conversations went like:

Shortbin said my rank quite high now. I said where got as high as Teacher leh... then she said, i'm shortbin, so you'd still be higher all the time. True.. cant argue with that.

Shitfong said that my title's equivalent in the military would be an OC status, which means Major. I told him i hope im not a major cockup. hahah.. in any case, he's getting promoted soon too. From CPT to Mr.... that's a huge one.

despair told me not to anyhow put cactus cos got bad fengshui..

frenligal merely said... oh well i forgot what she said.

we're welcoming 4 more noobz to my office this Friday. I told my boss not to hire and hire but he's still going on and on. I told him my credit card running out of limit to pay for 4 lappies liaoz.. but he just said use his lor..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay lor...forgot what i said lor...im so unimportant SIGH!