Search This Blog

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thirsty, friends?

There's a new restriction on the contents of your hand-carry luggage when you fly out of Singapore (and some other countries) from 8 May 2007. Since everyone in my office travels so much, I got one of my colleagues to do a writeup on the new restrictions and send it to the entire office. Among the whole long document was this..

"Containers must be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a maximum capacity not exceeding 1-litre. These containers must fit comfortably within the transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which must be completely closed"

The same trying-to-be-funny guy replied to a few of us to say

"wat if the containers feel uncomfortable? can they come along with me?

or can we just check in the transparent bag and hand carry the rest of our cabin sized luggage?"

I replied..

"I think you’re very stupid, Underling. Very.

If the containers feel uncomfortable about traveling with you, they wont. They have minds of their own.

You disgrace (insert his university here) graduates worldwide."

He replied..

"that is not the attitude Cornball.

if the containers feel uncomfortable, its your duty to make them feel more comfortable. like putting some cushion or cotton wool in the transparent bag or something. dun forget to add some coke or water in there.. in case they feel thirsty during the flight."

I replied..

"Thirsty? Is that why when you leave a container with water out in the sun, the water disappears? Cos the container is thirsty?"

He replied...

"exactly. i'm glad you are beginning to understand and feel for others."

I replied...

"I care and feel for all my friends."

That's what you do when you are bored at work.

No comments: