(This was proven again in the third day when he asked me if he should spend US$30 million on something in Bali *gulp*)
Just to digress, I was back in the office one of the days I was on leave and my boss was on urgent leave for the entire week. I sms-ed him to ask if everything's all right. He didnt reply. That was probably 1 week ago.
He called on second day of work. Said he'd rather call than reply my sms. After the usual pleasantries on how's the new workplace, colleagues blah blah, i asked him wat's up with the urgent leave. He said his 14-yr old son had a major surgery....a BRAIN SURGERY. GOSH!
Turns out that the poor kid had headaches and blurred vision for a week. The parents brought him to 2 doctors and 2 A&Es and each doctor just gave panadolls and even stronger panadolls. He only managed to get scanned after my boss didnt feel too right abt it and he hospitalised his son and bang table bang chair to get his son scanned.
They scanned him at 2am and found a major blood clot in the brain and immediately called two of the "best neurosurgeons" back to operate.
The operation was successful and the boy was recovering.
As he ended his story, his voice wore thin and he said "During this whole time, life just seems so fragile and meaningless"
I felt quite disturbed abt the whole thing..Gosh.. what poor standard of medical care is this man? tsk.. 4 doctors .. panadolls?
I was so disturbed i had lunch alone.. actually it's largely cos no one wanted to have lunch with me.. i cant rem if i mentioned this before but my dept only got me, a VP and a COO and Owner.. all busy people.
I walked to Suntec and found a place made specially for people lunching alone...

I ate there.. right at the left side of the pic...
No comments:
Post a Comment