Search This Blog

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hope

I started watching soccer maybe one or two years back because I found that it was a good way to spend my weekend nights. I even got cable and an LCD tv in my room so that i could indulge.

Everyone supports a team. I actually dont like to support a team cos the players can join/leave any team. Perhaps it's quite silly to blindly follow a team when the people has left the team and the pedigree that is the players.

When i started watching soccer again, I decided to support Manchester United. It is pretty cliched since everyone is either a Manchester United or Liverpool fan. But at that time, Man U was being screwed big time by Arsenal and Cheski and were really an underdog. I love supporting underdogs.

So i follow avidly every week. Willing Man U to win. Week after week from August to May every year. But when they won the league last season, it was just.... like that lor. Happy lor but wat's next? It's like you get excited over 38 matches per season and then at the end, it's an anti-climax. :(

But this season, i'm back at it again. Even after last week's disappointing penalty miss that led to a loss to West Ham, i'm still looking forward to soccer tonight.

Perhaps it's just because we need something to hope for every week. Something to look forward to week in week out. Something to invest our emotions into, lest we become cold and heartless. Maybe it's all about the journey, rather than the destination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man utd rawks