Search This Blog

Monday, December 08, 2008

Fashion

I saw someone wearing a pair of pants with pleats today. And it reminded me of the time when I first went to a/my tailor. He told me that pleats are for older men and they make me look older. Now, we dont want that do we? So all my pants thereafter are pleatless.

Which makes me wonder... if all the men in my generation had the same advice and made pleatless pants, then when we eventually grow old, wouldnt pleatless pants be the "old fashioned" kind of pants and younger men would make pleated ones?

*I think this will be the first and last time I'll type the word "pleat" so many times in one sitting.*

Fashion is conceived and perceived by men and mostly women. The thought always comes to my mind when I have to wear a suit and a tie. Dont get me wrong, I think i look pretty good in a suit. Mostly cos it hides my tummy. But i really dont understand why formal attire involves having to wear something so thick and having a noose tied around your neck.

WHY?

I hate wearing ties. Though i love to buy them.

This post feels gay.

No comments: