I’ve played this game before and so am quite masterly at it. I picked this rather matronly and married lady from the (boring) finance department. First day I dropped a short post it note, second day I gave my Calbee prawn crackers which I was saving for a rainy day, third day I had a buffet lunch at a hotel so I stole a green apple and gave it to her and fourth day (today) I gave her some of my strawberry Pocky.
My angel on the other hand, was quite quiet all these while which made my life a little boring.
That explained why my Facebook message today was “I hope to get something from my angel”
Then today.. I got a torrent of stuff.. One was a cupcake with tons of icing sugar on it and the note signed off as” Not your Secret Angel”. I didn’t mind as long as I got something. Then after lunch I got curry puff and a note on the wrapper that said “Enjoy, I know you love food. From your secret angel”

And I got a Christmas card today from an ex-colleague. Let’s call her KS... The card is blog-worthy cos she wrote a first card but then made a mistake then threw it out. She wrote the second card, sealed it but then lost it. She couldn’t find it…..and was going to write a third card but I called to thank her for the card. Someone must have picked it up and sent it for her. Sigh.. now you know the level of incompetence I had to deal with in my previous job.
*EDIT* My ex-colleague now insists that she is the most competent of all my staff. Then she changed to "one of the more competent*
In any case, she semi-insisted that my facebook message on the angel was referring to her and her card.
It’s not.
No comments:
Post a Comment