Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Party!

My company did a similar party as what we did for Deepavali, for Christmas this year. The party was on Christmas Eve. I was invited just one day before the event so i didnt think i had to do anything other than to show up and look happy.

Then just five minutes... FIVE MINUTES! before the party started, they realised they needed a translator again.. this time i needed to translate the Chinese speech someone was giving into English so that the Indian dude can translate into Tamil. And then in between, I also had to translate stuff from someone giving a speech in Mandarin into English so that the Indian MC can understand for him to translate into Tamil. So we were literally standing in a triangle with both of them in front and I'm between them but behind. Boy i felt dumb.

Then I had to translate an english speech into Mandarin but the bugger didnt see me standing beside him (i dont know how that can happen) and he forgot i was translating and so he went on and on and I was memorising his speech.

My office was on half day that day. So i thought i could leave for home directly after the party.... BUT i got an email at 1245pm from a China client that they need this document drafted and signed by one of my directors and faxed to them. So I activated the legal dept in the office, finished up my translating job, rushed back to the office at 2pm, got one director to come back, faxed the damned document, and ended up leaving at 5pm on a day we had half day, on Christmas eve no less. I bought three white chip macadamia cookies from Subway as a reward to myself. But, not before having a nap from 6pm to 9pm when i got home.

Phew... i hate clients.

Here's a picture of the fans.

No comments: