Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

25 Random Things

I did this 25 Random Things that day cos i was bored on the plane and Krisworld was down for one hour on my way back to Singapore.

1. I was a sickly child when I was young, and by the time I was 7, I had already removed my tonsils and appendix. I was underweight until I was 12 when my mother decided to get appetite enhancing medicine from the family doctor, and I think the medicine is still lurking in my tummy.

2. I love to read and I've completed the entire Hardy Boys, Three Investigators, Charles Dickens, Jeffery Archer, Sidney Sheldon, Michael Cricton before I was 15.

3. I have a blue belt in taekwondo.

4. Im a certified lifeguard since I was 16 but I nearly drowned in the sea when I was 19.

5. I nearly signed on in the navy cos I thought I could swim pretty well but backed out when I heard I was expected to be away from home 3 weeks out of four.

6. Ironically, my first job brought me to 75 cities in 15 countries in three years, including more than 15 times to Bangkok, 10 times to Shanghai, 8 times to Phuket.

7. But I've never been to Europe.

8. I hate travelling cos I have serious motion sickness.

9. I have a compulsion to unpack my luggage after any trip, no matter what time I touch down.

10. I always make my bed before I leave the house cos I like a nicely made bed when I come back.

11. I have a compulsion to check mail. I have shortcut buttons on the mouse in the office and at home to check mail and refresh an internet webpage.

12. I have a grade 2 in Piano practical and Grade 4 in Piano theory. I scored a distinction for my grade 4 exam but passed the grade 2 practical by one point. I used to have three guitars as well. Now down to two.

13. I wear my watch on the right hand even though I'm right handed cos I think people who do that are pretty special. And I've been right so far.

14. I rarely wear the same pair of shoes to work for two consecutive days.

15. I hate it when people buy me meals cos I wont be able to eat whatever I want.

16. I completed my first mini triathlon in 2008. That involved some swimming in the sea as well, which was pretty scary.

17. I have a horrible temper.

18. I once topped the entire level in mathematics in sec 2.

19. I hate injections and once ran all over the clinic and had to be pinned down by three people. I was 9 then.

20. I didn't go to TJC cos I nearly knocked my head on a low stairway and thought it would stunt my growth.

21. My JC1 preliminary exams results read "ABDOO". Rearranged, it read "A BODO"

22. My first contact with snow was in 2002 on the curbside in a small college town in the US. I kicked the snow and slipped and fell on my butt.

23. Ive played badminton since I was 10 and always put the racquet in front of my face to protect myself. I think my head is so oval from being moulded since I was young.

24. My mum once brought me and my sister to watch "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and we were late so we rushed in after hurriedly buying the tickets. It turned out to be "Die Hard". My sister dozed off after a while.

25. I love my blackberry. This entire note was typed on my blackberry on my way from Shanghai to Singapore.

1 comment:

Silverelf said...

Can you actually get some kind of compensation for Krisworld being down for an hour?

I mean, isn't Krisworld a part of why people fly SIA anyway?