Everytime I post an "It's a Small World" post, something happens after that serves to reinforce the point.
I was walking back to office after lunch yesterday when I bumped into someone familiar. As usual, I wasn't in a mood to make small talk so I just pulled my usual stunt to smile, nod knowingly and walk away (Sox knows this move well). But this bugger comes up to me (damn!) and says hey i know you! For some reason, i remember his name even though it's kinda weird and i remember knowing him from the army.
I remember from the SISPEC course but i couldnt remember him from BMT. So we literally spent half an hour in the middle of the mall talking about who he slept beside and who i slept beside and who are the common platooon mates we knew.
Then i remembered.
I remembered this platoon mate who was gay ("G") and told me he liked this Weird Name ("WN") dude standing in front of me. So i asked WN if he still kept in contact with G and he promptly gave me G's mobile number. I was actually in BMT, SISPEC and Signals with G and we spent many good and tough times together digging trenches, guard duty, confinement (shudder) it was a pity that we lost touch since 1999. Wow.. that's a good ten years ago.
I wonder if i should give him a call.
No comments:
Post a Comment