Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Adult Parties

As mentioned before, we had three parties at our new place over the Christmas period that doubled up as a housewarming party as well.

That's three more parties compared to what we did over the last twelve months in Shanghai. Our old place was too small.

Doing these parties again made me remember how much work it was. I remember our first party in our new apartment in Singapore. I was so bushed from cleaning up that I stopped halfway to call my mum to tell her I now know how tough it was.

It's better in Shanghai because the cleaning aunty comes every other day.

Having said all that, it's more fun having our own party because at least we can decide what food there is and what the program is.

What immediately comes to mind was the Supposed-to-be-Thai-but-turned-out-to-be-Singaporean-food party. At that said party, there was red wine, white wine and whiskey. All very adult drinks. The only other drink was plain water. Seems like everyone is an adult there. To add to the adult-ness, they played Texas Holdem after.. complete with the carpet thing and chips and all.

Somebody tried to bring an adult element into our house party once by bringing a bottle of wine.

Here's how much there is left:

 photo 20131224_092302_zps5614796e.jpg

We will stick to our bubble tea. Thank you very much.

No comments: