Search This Blog

Monday, January 06, 2014

Most Anticipated Post Ever!




H-hour was 4pm.

Early in the day, some of you have messaged me to ask me how it went.

H-hour was 4pm, so a lot of the messages were premature.

After it all happened, and throughout the evening, some of you messaged me to ask me what transpired.

I decided that it best be detailed in a blog, because I am too lazy to reply everyone in the detail you deserve.


H-hour was 4pm.

At H-5, I discussed the strategy to take down the objective from HR.

It wasn't so much of a strategy because I just told her that I wanted her to break the news in Chinese so that there isn’t any misunderstanding. She was agreeable. That was great because I was feeling all clammy and distracted all day.

Technically, we were going to non-renewal of contract, which technically didn't need a reason. So the plan was to say we will note down her concerns and avoid answering “Why is my contract not renewed?”

That sounded like a good plan.

So HR went ahead. Not surprisingly, she asked “Why?” Then HR deflected by saying that she will be compensated XX amount based on Chinese law.

OA asked again, “Who made the decision? Who’s the highest level?”

“President”.

LL.

“Ok, since it’s the decision of the company, I will accept it.”

(Bravo, spoken like a true communist minion. W00t!)

“Will I be paid bonus for last year’s achievements?”

(Not so much of a commie I see)

HR said “It’d have to be a function of your achievements plus your review by your supervisor”.

When I heard that, I was like diao. The poor review was precisely the reason why she wrote me the “hate mail” some nights back.

OA then took out the review which was by now strewn with Chinese words she wrote as notes for revenge. She went on for 15 minutes on how anal I was about paperwork and spotting typos and her not updating the project update list because as Business Development people, her jobs is only to sign deals. Of course, before she said all that, she praised how I was so detailed and all. Blah blah. She then argued why she should be graded higher on some aspects. Blah blah.

After the initial tirade was over, she went on again about how she should be paid her bonus.

HR said they’ll check policy and then reply.

And then it was done.

It was actually bitter sweet. I was expecting a big ruckus so I had steeled myself. My adrenalin was pumping and al poised but I never got to use it. I had even told IT to back up her emails, back up her laptop and also change the back-up cycle of our server from weekly to daily in case she decides to obliterate it. Well, maybe she might. She still has 20+ working days.

Well, it wasn't over.

After an hour, HR came to me again and said that OA came to her and started talking about bonus and then bitched about me again about how the review was done in 仇恨. How I came in late to work and how she gave me a lot of tips at work and the markets and how when she doesn't know some things about the work, I asked her how come she don't know. Of course, she went on about how she shouldn't be judged on paperwork.

Man, I wish she would leave as soon as possible.

No comments: