I did my review with my President and CFO when I was Singapore. It was a nervous one for me because this was my first year and I didnt meet the main targets. Previously I mentioned that I signed a lot of LOIs. In fact, my team eventually signed 12 LOIs in 2013 as compared to 2 in 2012, so eventually I bought a good pipeline for 2014. Plus, we signed two LOIs in the first week of 2014! But alas, I missed another target, so yeah, it was a nervous time.
It's particularly scary because just as I could easily terminate Old Aunty without much reason, I thought that they could terminate me just as easily.
We started on the topic of Old Aunty. President said she sent him a note saying how I wasnt a good leader.
*Gulp*
"Good job" was what he said next. "Good job getting rid of her. If anything, you took too long."
*PHEEWW*
The rest of the review went along the lines of how they think that it's a year of transition for the team - new head, new team members, new policies so i shouldnt dwell on the missed target but make sure i dont miss it this year.
I guess that's the best well it could have turned out given the circumstances. I was relieved.
It's particularly scary because just as I could easily terminate Old Aunty without much reason, I thought that they could terminate me just as easily.
We started on the topic of Old Aunty. President said she sent him a note saying how I wasnt a good leader.
*Gulp*
"Good job" was what he said next. "Good job getting rid of her. If anything, you took too long."
*PHEEWW*
The rest of the review went along the lines of how they think that it's a year of transition for the team - new head, new team members, new policies so i shouldnt dwell on the missed target but make sure i dont miss it this year.
I guess that's the best well it could have turned out given the circumstances. I was relieved.
No comments:
Post a Comment