Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sadness

I'm blogging from an ice cream parlour in a shopping mall in dubai, waiting for time before i can get to the airport.

Like i mentioned before I hate it when my family calls when I'm on trip. It mean something bad cropped up. My sis called me on Monday to say that my aunt, my Mum's sis, passed away. My mum didnt want to tell me but my sis decided to call anyway.

My aunt has been quite sick but recently got discharged on Saturday or Friday and then this happened. I was shocked and very saddened. It's not like we were exceptionally close but she did take dote on my sis and I a lot when we were younger and her life wasnt exactly a bed of roses cos her hubby was quite stingy. I dreamt of her last night.

I'm sad that i couldnt attend her funeral.today but i'm sadder that my mum had to go through this heartache. and it's my mum birthday tmr.

I fly out to Singapore tonight before i catch another flight to Chiang Mai two hours later. I return on Friday and fly out to bangkok on Monday again. I have an obscene amount of miles and tears.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear... My sincerest condolences... And it must feel really sucky not to be able to be there for your family :(

Anonymous said...

awww....*hugsss* -FLG