Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

Lapis Dreams

I had earlier posted some six months ago about how I got my Singapore colleague to buy us some kueh lapis from Singapore when they came to Shanghai.

 

Very soon after that, someone else came and we ordered another one.

 

By then, it was already quite sickening cos we aren’t big lapis eaters to begin with. It’s just something we cant buy here and therefore had a craving.

 

That was five to six months ago. In the deluge of friends who visited two months ago, we asked one of them to buy us one again since it’s been some time.

 

We haven’t finished before another one of the visitors brought another one as a gift.

 

There’s so much lapis now that I bring slices now on trips to eat on the longer flights since I don’t eat on planes anymore.

 

Kinda silly really. To get to a point of being sickened on something just because we don’t get this in Shanghai.

 

No comments: