Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2007

Done

It is done.

After a week of pushing and shoving of the resignation letter and with my boss taking a sudden trip to Shanghai in the middle of it all, it was settled today.

I left a note on his car windscreen as he left his car parked in the office carpark before he left for his trip, asking him for lunch today (Monday).

Not many quiet places in the vicinity of such an occasion. Nearly had to choose Olive Tree at the InterContinental. But I was interviewed there more than three years ago! Didnt want to make it too dramatic.

Decided on Phin's which was having a quiet afternoon.

We skirted around the topic a lot by talking about the growing problems of prostitutes' overt solicitation in Shanghai, Suzhou and Beijing (serious!) and how office rents in Shanghai are skyrocketing.

It came as suddenly as "So when do you start work over there?"

Ha!

It seemed like he read a book just on Wednesday night that contained this paragraph:

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

And then he let go.

And then it was a catching up on three years of experiences and joys and tears.

Then he asked me who should be promoted in the next round.

And that was it.

I've resigned.

No comments: