Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mood

I was driving along ECP today when i didnt feel like going to work. Whilst going up Benjamin Sheares and just before going down the Rocher exit, I called my chiro.

"Can i come by in the next 10 mins?" " Sure"

Instead of keeping right to go to my office, I turned left to Suntec.

Whilst I was there, another headhunter called me to ask if I'm interested in a senior position in Hong Kong. I told her i wasnt looking to move. Nowadays I'm so popular. Duno why.

Then i took the next step in my new job: Going for the medical. It was a WEIRD experience.

Firstly the doctor asked me how much i wanted to bribe him to make sure he declares me fit.

Then as he was feeling my tummy, he said he was feeling to see if i have a kidney and liver for him to sell.

Then there was a color blind test which i totally couldnt decipher some of the pics.

Then there was the urine test which was disconcerting when you have to pee into a tiny bottle and it becomes warm really quickly and then there's some condensation. W.E.I.R.D

After my medical, i went shopping for acceessories for my imac. Will post a pic later.

Then my headhunter called to make sure i wasnt having second thoughts. Haha.. oopsy.

Then the HR director from the new company called me to ask me how come I havent reverted on my start date. I kinda hinted on the ineptness of my current HR department of which he said if he took more than 15 minutes to reply, he'll resign. *gulp*

Then i went off to lunch at Old Airport Road and got back to office at 2pm.

It's now 5:05pm. I wonder what time I should go home today. 5:30pm sounds good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well then, he should have resigned long ago because I tendered two Fridays back and I *still* don't have a proper end date from HR.

One thing you'll realise is that he talks big, real BIG but in actuality...