Sometimes I feel that until you're a parent, you are still a kid. I guess up until you're responsible for someone else's life, you're still basically a child.
Another odd gauge I have as to whether you're an adult is if you buy shares in the stock market. Haha. I know it's rather odd. We decided a couple of weeks back that we should make our money work for us since it's very difficult for us to buy another property to earn rent. No idea if the money we earn from stocks (if any) would be enough but I guess it's a start. So I filled up a ton of forms and got my visiting friend to bring it back for me. I wonder what my first stock will be.
Yet another more adult thing I did recently was to subscribe to the Economist. I have been wanting to utilise my ipad more other than to watch TV. I used to subscribe Time magazine when I was doing NS. At some point, the weekly magazines were piling up faster than I could read them. I wasnt sure if this would happen again. To prevent that from happening again, I decided not to subscribe Time. A year of 52 issues of the Economist costs S$350. That's almost S$7 per issue! Oddly, when I changed my country to China, it became S$80 per year! That's just 25% of the price. I quickly whacked it in case there was a mistake.
I guess with all these, I feel more like an adult now.
Another odd gauge I have as to whether you're an adult is if you buy shares in the stock market. Haha. I know it's rather odd. We decided a couple of weeks back that we should make our money work for us since it's very difficult for us to buy another property to earn rent. No idea if the money we earn from stocks (if any) would be enough but I guess it's a start. So I filled up a ton of forms and got my visiting friend to bring it back for me. I wonder what my first stock will be.
Yet another more adult thing I did recently was to subscribe to the Economist. I have been wanting to utilise my ipad more other than to watch TV. I used to subscribe Time magazine when I was doing NS. At some point, the weekly magazines were piling up faster than I could read them. I wasnt sure if this would happen again. To prevent that from happening again, I decided not to subscribe Time. A year of 52 issues of the Economist costs S$350. That's almost S$7 per issue! Oddly, when I changed my country to China, it became S$80 per year! That's just 25% of the price. I quickly whacked it in case there was a mistake.
I guess with all these, I feel more like an adult now.
No comments:
Post a Comment