Im not even sure if we ever went to the butcher’s when we were in Singapore.
As I type this, I remembered that we did. Probably once I think and we cooked steak with our Happycall pan.
Steak here in Shanghai is expensive and not that nice.
A Singaporean friend here said he could teach us how to do it easily and cheaply.
Brought us beef shopping the other day.
Actually the beef buying wasn't that interesting other than
it was cheap. 400g of rib eye cost us only S$16. Im not sure if I’ll ever go to
a steakhouse again.
What was more interesting on that trip was this grocery shop
across the street from it. We have heard about it for a long time now. The
Avocado Lady.
However, that isn’t the real name of the shop. The shop was
given the nickname because for a long time, the angmos here couldn't find good
avocado, and this shop had the lobang to get them. Before long, the shop became
the purveyor of things that angmos like but yet set in a very lok shop. It’s a
bit of a sight so I stood there taking pictures. Haha. High proportion of angmos here.
Look at this, It looks just like a regular Sheng Siong in
Ang Mo Kio. Im hesitant to say that there is a lot of treasures inside but
these are rather common place stuff in Singapore but rather scarce in Shanghai.
No comments:
Post a Comment