I have mentioned a few times before that the Chinese software here is so advanced sometimes that I am pleasantly surprised.
We recently managed to set up an account that allows us to deposit money into it so that we can do web transactions. It’s like an e- EZlink card that we can use to pay for stuff and buy coupons for food discounts but it’s relatively safe because even if someone hacks into this, all you lose is the money inside, rather than everything in your bank. Because we didn’t have these, we had missed out on vouchers and the ability to buy cheap movie tickets via the apps.
With the movie apps, movie tickets are less than half the price than if you buy at the cinema. At the cinema, it’s RMB120 and with the app, it’s RMB 55. Plus with the app, I can choose cinema, choose seats and pay with the account and BAM. All settled in 5 minutes. Then all we need to do is to go to a machine at the cinema, scan the QR code and BAM! Tickets come out. So easy. When I was in Singapore, there wasn’t such technology. When I spoke to a Singapore friend (the Laundry guy), he told me you can do it in Singapore but it costs more. To me, that makes more sense. For the ease of booking, you have the reason to charge more. The odd thing is, here in China, the more convenient option is cheaper. Lopsided.
Another thing that has added convenience is the web Wechat. There’s a function on wechat where I can scan a QR code on my computer then I can chat with my wechat contacts on my computer. Makes it much easier with my keyboard and also no one will know I'm chatting. Haha. W00t!
We recently managed to set up an account that allows us to deposit money into it so that we can do web transactions. It’s like an e- EZlink card that we can use to pay for stuff and buy coupons for food discounts but it’s relatively safe because even if someone hacks into this, all you lose is the money inside, rather than everything in your bank. Because we didn’t have these, we had missed out on vouchers and the ability to buy cheap movie tickets via the apps.
With the movie apps, movie tickets are less than half the price than if you buy at the cinema. At the cinema, it’s RMB120 and with the app, it’s RMB 55. Plus with the app, I can choose cinema, choose seats and pay with the account and BAM. All settled in 5 minutes. Then all we need to do is to go to a machine at the cinema, scan the QR code and BAM! Tickets come out. So easy. When I was in Singapore, there wasn’t such technology. When I spoke to a Singapore friend (the Laundry guy), he told me you can do it in Singapore but it costs more. To me, that makes more sense. For the ease of booking, you have the reason to charge more. The odd thing is, here in China, the more convenient option is cheaper. Lopsided.
Another thing that has added convenience is the web Wechat. There’s a function on wechat where I can scan a QR code on my computer then I can chat with my wechat contacts on my computer. Makes it much easier with my keyboard and also no one will know I'm chatting. Haha. W00t!
No comments:
Post a Comment